Maria Mahoney (email@example.com), President and Broker, is the founder of The Mahoney Group, Inc. She brings a new dimension to the commercial real estate arena with a wealth of experience from her French background and years of living in 6 different countries over 4 continents.
She started her commercial real estate career in 1983 with Merin Realty, Inc. in Palm Beach, Florida (now Merin-Hunter-Codman), then joined 2 of Lakeland most notable commercial real estate companies, before establishing The Mahoney Group, Inc. in 1998.
Maria is fluent in the spoken and written languages of English, French and basic Italian. She hails from Paris, France where she completed all her studies and graduated from College Rognoni in Business Administration and Liberal Arts. Maria is the recipient of the following awards and distinctions:
- 2012 New York Times/The Ledger, named one of 6 Top Women of Polk County
- 2005 New York Times/The Ledger, named among “21 Women to Watch for the 21st Century”,
- 2002 Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce – Recipient of the Small Business Award,
- 2002 Recipient Crystal Spirit Award by the National Association of Women Business Owners/Lakeland Metro Chapter,
- 2000 City of Lakeland’s Hall of Fame for Community Involvement with Youth Soccer
Prior to 1983, Maria has lived in Paris, France; Perth, Western Australia; Borneo, Malaysia; Dubai, United Arab Emirates; Tehran, Iran and has traveled extensively around the world.
Since becoming a US Citizen in 1992, Maria has been involved in Public Policy and Government Affairs as it relates to Small Business and Commercial Real Estate. She is very much a part of her local and regional community being involved with commercial real estate as well as community events.